LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plc PROGRAMMING +LabView programing

Hi ,

Can anyone please tell me if we can get PLC functions from LabView itself ,if,yes,how should we proceed for that ?

Thanks & Regards !
sarita bhan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,463 Views)
Hi!
    Do you want to interface PLC programming languages code (IEC 61131-3) with labview or you wish to translate a sw written for a PLC to labview? In the first case I don't know if it is possible, you can interface C code, and import dlls, but I don't know about importing FBs or something similar.

Anyway, I think Labview is similar to FB programming... expanded.  Some main concepts hold in both languages, while Lv gives you more possibilities, hence it's slightly different; but I'm confident you can become familiarwith labview quickly.

I don't know if I answered your question (maybe implicitly?  Smiley Happy  ).  If this is not the case, please tell me more. And one important thing to know is: what is your target? Are you developing an application for a PC, an embedded, FP...?

have a nice day!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,452 Views)
These links should help you get an idea on what you seek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,449 Views)

Hi ,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

well,I am new in the field of PLCs and don't have much knowledge about them,but, I know this much that PLC can help me in getting data out of a device and display that data on it's monitor .I have already build up an application in LabView wherin I am capturing data from that device on computer using VISA ,and XP OS .Now,I want to ave that application loaded on any PLC which will have XP OS and based upon that data,I should be able to provide control to some drives via PLC.

I hope ,I have made my requirement clear .

Please guide me how should I proceed.

Regards

sarita

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,436 Views)
sorry, wrong post!

Message Edited by Graziano on 10-16-2007 05:02 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,431 Views)

Hi Sarita. i think you are looking for a better communications with your PLC. If you have OPC server, which will supports your PLC then you can write or read data from your PLC DM locations. Then controls you can make in Labview and the output you can send via your PLC. By the way which PLC you are using??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,429 Views)