LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make lage project in LabView

I am a novice in LabView, use ver. 7.0. I have already read LabView User Manual, Style Guide, some application notes as Rules to Wire By, some help sources on NI web.
Is there some example how to make lage program in LabView? It is difficult for me to create and keep clean lage project in this graphic oriented environment.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,038 Views)
gam01.
You can create a project in Labview which will allow you to add several VIs and SubVIs to that project. There are several tutorials which help you create a subvi and also how to link them to the project. This should get you started. Also, have you considered looking for an NI branch in your area and looking into one of the courses we offer?
Associating subvi in your development definately cleans your large code and is more organised.
EDIT: Overlooked the fact that you were using LV 7.0. Project view was introduced in later versions but you can still use Subvi to organise your code.
Regards,

Message Edited by Kabul on 10-16-2007 09:28 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,030 Views)

This question is covered by KBs, hole books and seminars.... and the most important parts are independent of the language you use (IMHO).

My short (incomplete) keywords to an answer:

1. requirements (RE, RM)

2. see 1!

3. review!

4. Analyze Dataflow

5. design the big picture , keep it modular

6. check the (so far known Smiley Surprised) tricky parts (5GSamples/s analysed and stored???)

7. meets req.? goto 1. 😉

8. Build some UI (dummys)

9. meets req.? goto 1.

10. If not already done, set up a SSC 😉

Sorry, for that short answer (?) don't have the time to write a book ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,022 Views)

Thank you for information. I can use SubVis, calling, passing params in/ out, using global / locals vars, making dataflow structures ... I would like to find some general example, witch could show or demonstrate how to disassembling lager project into small parts and its dataflow.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,006 Views)
gam01,
There are several shipped examples which should include the ones you are looking for (large project). Follow this link which shows how to browse examples. Hope you find the shipped examples helpful.
If you don't mind me asking, what hardware are you using and what is the objective of this project. Other users here may be able to help you more if you provide for information?
Regards,
Message 5 of 5
(2,997 Views)