From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

piezoelectric driver in an automated system using Lab-view

hello

I am starting a project which is "Excitation and optical measurement of vibration of metallic sheet cantilever". There are four strain gauges placed on mettallic sheet on cantilever.

where i have a several question as follows:

1. How i connect given piezoelectric driver with labview and also with cantilever beam?
  2. system should be capable to measure the higher harmonics of the vibration?
  3. optical detection method to measure the vibration?

my device are:

1. Posicon 150: High precision positioning feedback control electronics

or 

1. Strain gage amplifiers for position detection

I am giving you also links about my project devices.

http://www.piezomechanik.com/en/products/

I am waiting for your kind response.

Thankyou

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,111 Views)

Hi Hunain,

I see this is your first post, welcome to the forums! While there is probably someone here who has worked with your device, the LabVIEW board is primarily about software. But, there are boards about hardware too! I just tell you this because you will probably get more helpful responses there. Once you have your hardware picked out, then it might be time to ask questions like:

I want to run a test with these steps and monitor the optical response continuously, what is a good architecture?

As always, when asking about your code it will be most helpful to have a copy of your code (even if we don't have all the drivers to run it!). Good luck on your project!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,095 Views)

i understand

thankyou Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,082 Views)

So you want to use LabVIEW to do the control etc....

What type anlog input and output device(s) can you use to control and/or monitor your system? 

That is your connection question 😉     ... so you will need some hardware that connects your devices and the PC with LabVIEW

Seems that your piezo controller need an anaolg input, so you need to provide an analog output.  Voltage range? Frequency range?

For optical vibration monitoring you can use (some examples)

++ a laser vibrometer (polytec, very precise but expensive 😉 )

a laser triangulation system (Keyence, µ-Epsilon and others make them)

a simple CNY70  or a CD laserhead ...  (need more skills)

Some important question need to answered to help you in more detail:

Frequency range? 30kHz seems max for the bridge amplifier... 

Exitation range ?  (mechanical for the optical system  and electrical for the piezo controller)

Needed resolution and accuracy?

(Budget?, Time?)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,047 Views)

oh wow!! i think you are champion in this types of projects Smiley Happy

yes i have to use LabView for the control.

yes you are right i have a piezoelectric device(see attach picture) which will be automated by means of Labview. Please suggest me how to connect piezoelectric with any device which is simple and easy with means of labview. or as i given :

1. Strain gage amplifiers for position detection

I already studied about strain gages which were attached with ruler deflection and then input into amplifier and low pass filter and then link with labview by NI CB-68LP.

And for optical measurement you are fantastic . i will use CNY70 because its simple but i have also Laser vibrometer in our lab.

project completion time will be from 15 Feb 2016 till 15 August 2016.

I am also from Germany as an International student.

Thankyou

Hunain

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,022 Views)

What exactly is your task?

What are you, mech or ee student?

What is the device in the PC the CB-68 is connected to?    You can run MAX in the PC and have a look too 😉

We volonteer here to help, but we will not do your homework 😉

There are a lot of training courses awailable to start with LabVIEW, use them!

In the LabVIEW IDE..

Online in different length..

Sorry not time to look them up for you  ....

If you want to use the simple CNY70 AND you have access to a vibrometer, is a good idea to think about a sensor calibration...  after the buildup is done.....

(and you can compare it to a static calibration with micrometer screw 🙂

and the CNY70 is prone to other IR ligth sources , usually you end up with some sort of ligth shielding...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,990 Views)