From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pid controller by tuning ourselves

Hello,

Iam trying to make a pid controller.In which I need to tune it myself.Iam new to this.so please help me to do that

Regards,

danil33Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,894 Views)

There are two standard approaches to find initial PID tuning parameters: open loop, and closed loop.  Which one is appropriate depends on your system.  Closed-loop is faster for a system with fast response, but requires that your system be able to tolerate some oscillation.  Open-loop works better in a slow but stable system such as a heater.  Search the web for "Ziegler-Nichols" and "Cohen-Coon" for information about these methods.  Also, the manual for the LabVIEW PID toolkit provides an introduction to PID tuning.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,877 Views)