LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak detector not functioning properly

Solved!
Go to solution

The peak detector is not giving me the right locations. The main file is called activation times. I use the probe but cannot figure out why im getting the wrong locations. thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reggie2016

Your peak detector seems to be working right to me.  I rewrote the vi to make it the peaks that were detected easier to see.  You put them all in a 2D array which resulted in many many zeros.  I grouped the data as an array of clusters.  Each cluster contained an array of peaks for each line.

Randall Pursley
Message 2 of 6
(3,075 Views)

Looks good to me.

Message 3 of 6
(3,070 Views)

Hey when I run the program you made for me I still get no data for some of my channels that have been recorded on. I have 81 channels that I record a signal onto. The peak detector only detect peaks from 29 channels. If my signal is correct and the filtered derivative signal is correct then I should get locations of peaks for all 81 channels in a 9x9 matrix Do you get peaks for all 81 channels on your side?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,017 Views)

Many of the peaks in the first two pages are less than the threshold = 10 which you have saved as default. When  I plot the # found against the number of waveforms I find no integer value of peak threshold which finds the 5 peaks (the four data peaks plus the time zero peak) for more than 26 of the 81 waveforms.

Visualizing the data or things like the number of peaks on graphs can be very helpful in setting up the analysis.

You may need some kind of adaptive process for setting the thresholds. Without knowing more about your data or what constitutes a valid peak, I cannot make specific recommendations.

Lynn

Message 5 of 6
(3,001 Views)
It is actually working I did forget to change the threshold silly me. Thank you again
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,992 Views)