LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci 6024e minimum voltage capable of reading

Hi,

could someone enlighten me on what is the minimum voltage that can be read by pci 6024e daq card? I read in the manual that the range is +-0.05 to +-10V, with sensitivity at 0.008mV and 12bits input resolution. Does this mean that the minimum voltage is 0.05V?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,460 Views)
There are four ranges that this card supports; you have mentioned two of those. The minimum voltage that it can read is -10V.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,449 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am sorry but I meant what is the closer voltage to zero that I can read reliably. If I understand well from the data sheet I can set the range to -0.5 to 0.5, with sensitive of 8muV and 0.106mV absolute accuracy. I am a bit confused as I don't know how to interpred the absolute accuracy...

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,446 Views)

Have a look at the note which is under the table in your document :

The Absolute Accuracy at Full Scale calculations were performed for a maximum range input voltage (for example, 10 V for

the ±10 V range) after one year, assuming 100 points of averaged data.

What I understand is that accuracy will be around 0,106mV after 1 year (for a 0,05V input signal). But it's not very clear even for me ! Can anyone explain that ? What's the difference between that and resolution (resolution = range/(2^nbits - 1) but what about accuracy)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,438 Views)
Resolution is the more little input voltage variation that can be detected. Probably absolute accuracy is the input range offset error, but can anyone confirm that ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,435 Views)
...input range offset error after 1 year in specified conditions of course...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,434 Views)

Hi,

yes I had a look at the note... Hmmm, it is still a bit confusing to me... Let's leave aside the environmental conditions and time for a moment... and let's say for the range of -0.5 to +0.5, the sensitivity is 0.008mV but the accuracy is 0.106mV. I assume that this is the standard error. So if the accuracy is 0.106mV, then I think that working in ranges smaller than this would be complete nonsense. Am I right?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,424 Views)