From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci 6024e minimum voltage capable of reading

Hi,

could someone enlighten me on what is the minimum voltage that can be read by pci 6024e daq card? I read in the manual that the range is +-0.05 to +-10V, with sensitivity at 0.008mV and 12bits input resolution. Does this mean that the minimum voltage is 0.05V?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,468 Views)
There are four ranges that this card supports; you have mentioned two of those. The minimum voltage that it can read is -10V.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,457 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am sorry but I meant what is the closer voltage to zero that I can read reliably. If I understand well from the data sheet I can set the range to -0.5 to 0.5, with sensitive of 8muV and 0.106mV absolute accuracy. I am a bit confused as I don't know how to interpred the absolute accuracy...

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,454 Views)

Have a look at the note which is under the table in your document :

The Absolute Accuracy at Full Scale calculations were performed for a maximum range input voltage (for example, 10 V for

the ±10 V range) after one year, assuming 100 points of averaged data.

What I understand is that accuracy will be around 0,106mV after 1 year (for a 0,05V input signal). But it's not very clear even for me ! Can anyone explain that ? What's the difference between that and resolution (resolution = range/(2^nbits - 1) but what about accuracy)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,446 Views)
Resolution is the more little input voltage variation that can be detected. Probably absolute accuracy is the input range offset error, but can anyone confirm that ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,443 Views)
...input range offset error after 1 year in specified conditions of course...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,442 Views)

Hi,

yes I had a look at the note... Hmmm, it is still a bit confusing to me... Let's leave aside the environmental conditions and time for a moment... and let's say for the range of -0.5 to +0.5, the sensitivity is 0.008mV but the accuracy is 0.106mV. I assume that this is the standard error. So if the accuracy is 0.106mV, then I think that working in ranges smaller than this would be complete nonsense. Am I right?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,432 Views)