LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password

Solved!
Go to solution
A guy in my company left and before leaving has password blocked the vis.Is there any way to break it?
Message 1 of 21
(5,435 Views)
Hi rpr,
nothing against you, but i hope you get no positive reply. Smiley Happy
Mike
Message 2 of 21
(5,432 Views)
And why is that mike?
Message 3 of 21
(5,420 Views)
Try doing a search in this forum. You will find some answers.
Message 4 of 21
(5,412 Views)
Ouch! Can you contact the guy and ask for the passwords? I think that is your best option - unless NI has some hidden trick up their sleeve.
Message 5 of 21
(5,406 Views)
Hi rpr,
because i don´t think we need such a function, but i don´t wanna start a philosophy discussion. Smiley Happy
For more about the password topic see this link and the linked article. Smiley Wink

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 07-17-2008 05:41 PM
Message 6 of 21
(5,403 Views)
Mike posted ", but i hope you get no positive reply. "

At first I was wondering about that reply and then I realized you are concerned about the security of your code. (Ben breaths a sigh of relief).

I have heard rumors that under the right cicumstances (you can prove your own the code, etc), NI can help out, but I have never seen this happen.

First try NI

Then try to find backups from before the password was applied.

Next search his hard drive for version that are not protected.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 07-17-2008 10:52 AM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 21
(5,391 Views)
RPR,
         I did it once.But that was the case where the guy himself couldnt remember the password and he confirmed it was all alphabets and no numeric values involved and there was no space.but that was long back in 7.0 i think.Let me check and tell you the procedure.
Message 8 of 21
(5,382 Views)

@Ben wrote:
Mike posted ", but i hope you get no positive reply. "

At first I was wondering about that reply and then I realized you are concerned about the security of your code. (Ben breaths a sigh of relief).

Hi Ben,
i´m not concerned about my code Smiley Happy, i use password protection very rarely. I think, if we have a password function it should only be possible to see this code from the authorizes person who has the password. Otherwise we can remove this feature.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 07-17-2008 05:55 PM
Message 9 of 21
(5,381 Views)

unless NI has some hidden trick up their sleeve.

And i think they do!!!!!!!!(Just a guess)Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 21
(5,378 Views)