From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password for one user

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

I looking to bulid password for one user able to confirm the password, also able to change his password if he needs.

Thanks,

Mohib

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mlr2@njit.edu

At first glance, it looks like you have a pretty good VI there.  Do you have any questions or a specific problem with your VI that you need solved?

One comment I have is that you have a comparison to see if the string length is equal to 6 and you post a message that it must be greater than 6 characters if it is.  What if you have only a 3 character password?  It is not equal to six, so you won't get the error message.  I think you want <= 6 to raise the error.

You don't have anything to detect whether the confirm password actually matches the first password entered.

Also, I'd recommend reordering the tab order on the front panel so that when you tab from the first password, it will go to the confirm password next, then go to Submit.  Right now it jumps right to Submit.

Also, you may want to clear the Confirm password field as well as the password field after submitting the changes.

Also, what about upper vs. lower case.  Do you want it to matter whether the username or the password have to be entered with the same case every time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,911 Views)

here is a password program:

it may help a little

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,908 Views)

Hi,

i'd like thank you all for your help, but i was not clear enough when i addressed this problem, i looking to have this vi able to have one user to chang his password when he put old password right.

also  i need to have limted user let says four user only

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,886 Views)

This might be a bit over the top for what you want as allows you to add multiple users but it is quite a nice toolkit and free to download

http://controlsoftwaresolutions.com/UserAccountsLibrary.aspx

David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,547 Views)