LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel port

hello U all

THanks U all help me but I cant reach to aim

U plz any one have vi example to take input from parallel port I have check how to out the data from the labview but port cant              recieve data from the port??

any prob in my hardware??I have only attached 8 wire to data bits pin (2-9):smileysad:

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,080 Views)

Hi

It is much more easy to help if post some code. Also check your bios settings. It could be that your parallel port is not enabled for BI directional transfer. I have included some links. But you could also try Google. Search for parallel port labview. As an example 

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3466

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/953a4ab52663089d85256427004778c4?OpenDocument

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,069 Views)

gaanja wrote:

U plz any one have vi example to take input from parallel port I have check how to out the data from the labview but port cant              recieve data from the port??

any prob in my hardware??I have only attached 8 wire to data bits pin (2-9):smileysad:

There is already an excellent example that ships with LabVIEW that reads/writes the parallel port. Help->Find Examples, and search for "parallel". Have you looked at it?
Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 05-09-2009 09:19 AM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,047 Views)

NOTE:  In Port.vi and Out Port.vi, which some example uses, are not supported on Windows Vista and later.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,037 Views)
Actually, they still should: Using the LabVIEW In Port and Out Port VIs with Windows Vista. However, they should be replaced with the equivalent VISA operation.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,033 Views)

Hi All,

Good Morning and I hope your well today.

I am have been investigating the image issue online, and I can confirm there does seem to be an ongoing issue with the images in the knowledgebase article. I will work with the the team that monitor the online content site to resolve this issue. 

When the content is created, the URL is always internal. During the pushing live process the URL is updated (pushed) to the public site. It seems for the KB this process isnt happening. 

I have always attempted to ensure the links I post are on the public site, but I have never seen an issue with the images not being visible where the rest of the document is. 

I would advise if you do have issues with the online resources to please inform ni via the link at the bottom of the article - Your Feedback!, this will notify a member of the Global AE to investigate the issue.  I would suggest that it would be difficult to ask a team of AEs to go through the site to correct such issues.

Note: Have you ever submitted Feedback via this link? How have you tried to have this corrected before? 

I would however accept the feedback for the out-of-date code..  I have found this an issue from time to time. I am actually working in a Online Content group here at NI UK at I will look into such a project that such results could be gained. However, for now, I would recommend posting on the Your Feedback link to inform us that the code is out-of-date. 

Do you have any other feedback for the Online Resources?

Is there anything you'd like to see/not see?

Do you find the content relevant? 

What are your thoughts on the NI Community - something which I feel should be used much more.. 

Should we move towards one more global resource - rather than having kbs, community, forums, devzone etc. 

Message Edited by Hillman on 05-11-2009 09:32 AM
Message Edited by Hillman on 05-11-2009 09:35 AM
Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,003 Views)
If you want to expand the discussion on this issue it might be better if you start a new topic. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(980 Views)

ok i will start new topic & discuss it deeply but plz give me a week i m buzy again so sorry for it

THANKS for all informationSmiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(966 Views)

gaanja.

I don't think the reference to a new thread was for you but for James' post on the missing images and out of date code.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-11-2009 12:18 PM
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(960 Views)

gaanja wrote:

ok i will start new topic & discuss it deeply but plz give me a week i m buzy again so sorry for it

THANKS for all informationSmiley Mad

I wasn't referring to you gaanja, but to James regarding the problem with the Knowledge Base articles. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(954 Views)