LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panel resize event bug

Found a possible bug in LabVIEW 8.0.1 on WinXP.  Is there a bug list any where?  I want to see if there is a report or a work around.

Panel resize event fail to report previously minimized state.  Works in 7.1, but not in 8.0.1.  See attached test VI.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,838 Views)

Hi zou,

This should have been fixed with v. 8.1!

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,824 Views)

Christian,

Thanks for reply.  It's good to know that bug is fixed.

It would be nice to have bug list.  So we check to see if it's a bug, and if there is a work around.

Here is another possible bug: "Ctrl + ." bug:

Since day one, "Ctrl+." makes a running VI stop.  But the attached VI shown that something it doesn't.

George Zou

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,747 Views)

Christian,

Where can I find 8.1?
Do you mean 8.20?

George
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,718 Views)

Excuse me please i ment 8.20  (ni.com/labview)

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,714 Views)
George: regarding the last VI you posted with the "bug".   I can't quite follow what the VI is doing, but "Ctrl + period" is a menu shortcut for aborting the VI. If you hide the abort button, this menu item is also hidden and thus the shortcut isn't valid anymore.  This is why your VI doesn't stop when you use that key sequence.

J

Jason King
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,690 Views)
>I can't quite follow what the VI is doing,

Just a typically dialog window.  No toolbar, no menubar.  The VI has been simplified just to demonstrate the bug.

>but "Ctrl + period" is a menu shortcut for aborting the VI. If you hide the abort button, this menu item is also hidden and thus the shortcut isn't valid anymore.  >This is why your VI doesn't stop when you use that key sequence.
???
Ctrl+period works even the menubar is hidden, as long as "Show Abort button" is checked.
Try it yourself: run the VI I posted in debug mode, Ctrl+period works fine.  However, if you click the STOP button, Ctrl+peroid won't work.

George Zou
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,682 Views)