From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening an exe file remotely

Solved!
Go to solution
Spoiler

How do i open the calculator.exe executable file remotely using webpublishing tool in labview from another computer. We can open this file in our server computer but cannot open it in a remote computer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(4,317 Views)

Hi,

To access your EXE remotely on WEB, you have to publish you application on web using web publishing tools. Follow below mention steps.

1. Enable your web Server (Tools-Options-Web Server)

2. Publish your VI on web using Web Publishing Tools. (Tool-Web Publishing tool...)

Your URL to open the application is

Http://web publish system IP:Port/application.html

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(4,270 Views)

I have already published it using web publishing tool. Now i am having trouble to open the given exe file remotely from another computer where it can be opend on the server computer only .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(4,261 Views)

What kind of trouble you are facing on other computers. You are getting any errors or message?

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(4,258 Views)

What you are trying to accomplish seems rather strange to me.

Simple fact: running the calculator on another machine via web does not give you any access/display of/to it. So you will have no gain of this.

What would you have to do?

Create a webpage which embeds the calculator into it's panel. This task is not connected to LV in any way. This is "simple" webdesign.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(4,252 Views)

Hi,

One option, if you have LabVIEW on the remote machine, is to place your Open Calculator.VI on that computer. You would then use a second VI on your server to make the Open Calculator.VI run on your remote machine. I've attached an example, Call Open Calculator.VI You will have to change the IP address and file path in the block diagram to correspond to your remote machine. You will also have to make sure that TCP/IP is enabled on your remote machine, that your server's IP is added to the Machine Access list, and "Open Calculator.VI" is added to the Exported VIs list.

The following help document should help guide you through the settings I mentioned above.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvdialog/options_dialog_box/

I hope this is what you were looking for,

Regards,

Luke B.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(4,235 Views)

No no error masg but just that file is not opening.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(4,232 Views)

Sorry for the misunderstanding now i am explaining the whole problem in details.

I am currently working on a remote laboratory project and i have  an instrument which doesnt have a driver in labview and also doesnt have a command file from which we could have make a driver. So we have integrated the exe file of that instrument which is visual basic based using system.exe.vi. Now i want to acess this exe file on a remote computer. This exe file can be opend in the server computer but for some reason cannot be opend in the remote computer.

Below i have attached a copy of the integrated vi of the integration between the LabVIEW and the instrument software. Just in place of the instrument soft ware i have placed the exe file of the calculator.

Is there any possible way of publishing the vi on web instead of using the web publishing tool? If there is do let me know .

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(4,224 Views)

I am not sure if i was clear enough:

If the exe displays some kind of UI/dialog in order for control, you will never see this UI/dialog from the remote PC. So even if the exe is started up properly, you will have no gain of this.

If the exe is a "stand alone running application" with no user interaction, it should work out with remote panel access.....

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(4,206 Views)

Is there any way that i can convert an exe file to a html file??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(4,180 Views)