From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening an exe file remotely

Solved!
Go to solution

@Dave I have tried doing the method you have explained but it seems like not working. The instrument stores a set of values for current and voltage in an excell file and most probably to graph the THD i need to extract those values from  the excell sheet and plot in LabVIEW. Is there any application for doing that in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 32
(323 Views)

Yes, there are a couple different ways you can read the data in from an excel file to use in your LabVIEW program. The first way would be to use the Read From Measurement File express VI. This can be found under File I/O in the functions palette. This express VI will read from an excel file that you specify and output the data as dynamic data type. You will probably then have to use the Convert from Dynamic Data function to convert this data into an array, but that depends on how you want to use the data.

The second method for reading from a spreadsheet is to use the Read From Spreadsheet subVI. This can also be found under File I/O in the functions palette.

The Read From Measurement File express VI can be a little more user friendly than using the Read From Spreadsheet subVI, but it also is slower and sometimes more cumbersome than the subVI.

Regards,

-Chris G

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 32
(308 Views)