LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open executable labview app on linux-*.lvapp

Dears, 

I have  executable file for labview on window, and i asked supplier   company tp provied me with Linux version to run it on Linux pc, they giv me file with extension  *.lvapp .  and i an not open it i installed run time  but problem still exist, do you have any ideas how I can  open it ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,342 Views)

I'd ask them (?).

I'd say it's supplier company or Linux problem, not a LabVIEW problem.

.lvapp is a weird extension if you'd ask me. It might very well be an executable. Linux doesn't really care about extensions like Windows does. You could try the Linux file command to make sure. If it is, the problem is probably the file\user doesn't have execute rights. So you need to chmod the file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,313 Views)

Thank you, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,304 Views)

Thank you for information, I asked the supplier company to  provide us with full source code , and software  is working fine. 

thanks a lot

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,285 Views)

@nashat1985 wrote:

Thank you for information, I asked the supplier company to  provide us with full source code , and software  is working fine. 

Great. If you feel the thread is closed, could you mark your last post as the solution? This will help all users of the forum make sense out of the >1M posts.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,279 Views)