From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old 3d toolkit

Building a VI on a mac I noticed the system searching for "old 3D toolkit.llb".

What's this?  I created the VI with the 3D toolkit offered in the menus.  Why does it need to search for "old" 3D toolkits?

Have I used the wrong object or something?

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,206 Views)
On my Windows version of LabVIEW 8.2 "Old 3D Toolkit.llb" is in the <labview install dir>\vi.lib\picture\3D Picture Control folder. Most likely it's a compatibility library for code written in an earlier version of LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,195 Views)

Shane,

Just guessing, but before the 3D image control was included with LabVIEW, there was a windows-only "preview" version for LabVIEW 7.1(?) as described here.

If you create a program from scratch in the new version, it should never ask for any of this. Can you be a bit more specific on what VI it is looking for? Did you start out with an example donwloaded from elsehwere?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,187 Views)

No, no example sused, the whole thing was created from scratch on a windows machine.

When building an application on Mac, it spends ages searching for different VIs from the "old 3d Toolkit.llb".  It doesn't search for thm when I just run the main VI, only when building an application. .....

It also runs a lot slower on the Mac than in Windows.  I'm using the Embedded 3D picture so it can't be an issue of 3D acceleration.

The faster PC is an AMD X2 4200+ whereas the slow one is a Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz....

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,173 Views)

I'm seeing the same problem on two LV 8.6.1 windows machines.  I've been doing development on the one and the application with a 3D control runs fine, but I put the code on the second to build an exe out of it and it goes looking for the "Old 3D Toolkit.llb".  It appears that there are about ~20 items in the llb that it has to look for (searching for each of which begins at the top of the search heirarchy and takes several minutes).  If you leave it alone it will eventually find them all and build, but certainly not the expected behavior.

The 3D control elements I'm using were all taken from the available toolbar, not previous files.

Was there any resolution on why this was occuring or any potential work arounds?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,079 Views)

Hi,

I'm having the same issues described by K Pratt above. I've upgraded some code which uses the 3d toolkit from LabVIEW 8.2.1 to 8.6.

I tried forcing LabVIEW to update its references to the newer 3d toolkit by temporarily removing 'old 3d Toolkit.llb' from \vi.lib\picture\3D...

I could still run the application within LabVIEW, but when I tried to compile it failed. Anybody got any ideas, I'd really like to resolve this.

Cheers,

Pete

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,048 Views)

Same problem on LV2013 SP1 - Windows 7.

I've never had a "preview" version. I've never used 3D pics before now.

Using the 3D PIC in the DevSys is fine, but when I build the VI (into a PPL), it searches for "<vilib>\3D Picture Control\Old 3D Toolkit.llb\LightType.ctl", and eventually finds it (I suppose) after 5-6 sec or so.

Then it starts over and searches for another item.

... 18 items in all.

Clicking the IGNORE ITEM button will make it dim the button, but not ignore the item.

Clicking the IGNORE ALL button will make it dim the button, but not ignore anything, except me.

When it finally finishes, the build seems OK.

Here is a JING: <http://www.screencast.com/t/OMo2L7fj5>

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,535 Views)

After a month of wrangling with tech support, they have said that they see no problem, because it eventually builds correctly.

It looks like the posting software merged the ">" into the link URL.

Here is a better link to the JING .

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,459 Views)