LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

occurence stop

hello

my problem is a vi which is called. a picture of the vi is in the attachement. this vi is called from another vi. the problem is that the loop stops without any reason. the loop should only stop if the pccurence is set.
in the vi's caller there are other loops which doesn't stop.

where can be the problem?

markus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,453 Views)
I think the wait on occurrence is timing out after 20ms. From labview help

ms timeout is the specified amount of time, in milliseconds, for the occurrence to occur. If the occurrence does not occur within the specified ms timeout, the function returns a value of TRUE. If ms timeout is –1, the function does not time out.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,415 Views)
markus,

I've got  3  4 thoughts:

1. Because the 'ignore previous' input to the "Wait On Occurrence" function is set to False, the "Wait..." function would return immediately if the occurrence was Set at any time prior to the "Wait" call, including long before ever calling the subvi.  Could this be happening?  Are your other "Wait on Occurrence" functions wired with a False?

2. The occurrence control may not be receiving a valid occurrence refnum from the calling vi.  Actually, I just tested this under 6.1, and an invalid refnum causes an immediate timeout.  Unless the behavior is different in your version, never mind.

3.  Are you sure the error cluster isn't getting asserted?  I expect you've checked this, but I have to ask...

4. This seems pretty unlikely, but it's something I've done a couple times -- any chance the Boolean NOT function is merely sitting on top of a continuous wire rather than being actually connected at input and output?   This would cause the loop to terminate on no error.

Maybe you can put probes on the inputs to the loop-terminating AND function to verify which side is responsible for terminating the loop...

-Kevin P.
ALERT! LabVIEW's subscription-only policy coming to an end (finally!). Permanent license pricing remains WIP. Tread carefully.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,396 Views)