From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numeric properties error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, There is an issue that I've encountered in LV 8.6.1 where all of my system numeric controls share their properties. For example, I place Numeric on the front panel of a VI, then right click and select "Data Entry...". Then I modify the data entry limits to be 0-100. If I place Numeric 2 on the front panel and open its Data Entry limits they are the same as the first Numeric.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I just have a corrupt installation of Labview. Although, this has been repeatable on multiple systems with LabVIEW 8.6.1 installed on it. I will attempt to repair/reinstall my installation of LabVIEW and post back. However, I think that this is pointing to a bug with 8.6.1.

Regards,

Tim Sileo

Tim Sileo
RF Applications Engineer
National Instruments

You don’t stop running because you get old. You get old because you stop running. -Jack Kirk, From "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,564 Views)
Yep definitely a bug. Repairing my LabVIEW installation did nothing to fix this issue.

Tim Sileo
RF Applications Engineer
National Instruments

You don’t stop running because you get old. You get old because you stop running. -Jack Kirk, From "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TimS.
This bug has been reported here.
Message 3 of 5
(2,543 Views)
Message 4 of 5
(2,540 Views)
Thanks to both of you, I must have missed that thread on my initial search. I've installed the patch and everything works as expected now.

Tim Sileo
RF Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,535 Views)