LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numeric control

Hi friends,

I use numeric contol(DBL). I would like to write decimal number, for example, 2.4, but the number is seen 2,4. How can it change from comma to point?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,960 Views)

Fix your Windows settings so it uses a decimal point.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,953 Views)

LabVIEW just uses whatever decimal character is set for the OS.  For a lot of the world, it is a comma.  If you don't like it, then change your OS settings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,930 Views)

If you want to keep the OS setting as is, simply go to the LabVIEW options and uncheck "front panel...use localized decimal point". Now you get a period independent of the language setting of the OS.

In addition, you can define the decimal separator of any individual control by using advanced formats (prepend %.; or %,; depending on what you want). Using this method you can even have a front panel with some controls using comma and some using a period (see image). Not that this is a very smart idea, though ;))

See also this note.

Message 4 of 6
(2,897 Views)

Yep.  That works.  I was trying that but couldn't get it to work.  It kept giving me an invalid string.  Turned out the space that was still in there from the original string was messing it up.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Ok.Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,841 Views)