LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numeric control locks up

I have I VI that I am in the process of creating.  I just had a problem that I don't know how to fix.  When the VI is running, if I change a numeric control value by typing in new value and pressing, enter, the front panel locks up.  

Because I have JKI State Machine installed, every numeric control I drop on the front panel has the 'Key Navigation' set to 'Exit state chart, toggle <Return> key assignment.  

The problem is, this key is not part of the state machine!

Does anyone know how I can prevent this?

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,846 Views)

Can you post an example?

I have the JKI State Machine installed and don't see what you are seeing when I drop a numeric control on the front panel when I have a JKI State Machine in the block diagram.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,829 Views)

I tried to duplicate it again with a small VI, but now the numeric control changes to 'OK' key assignment <Return>, which gives the correct response.

I did figure out if I change the focus key in the pull down to 'return', then clear it, it removes the key assignment.

Thanks.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,803 Views)

Without having any code to look at and help debug, I'll wager you have event structures in your code somewhere.  I'll also wager you have an event setup for that button.  I'll double-down and say you have the "lock front panel" checkbox checked for that specific event.  I'll make a prop bet stating you don't get back to the event structure as often as you should.

The combination of those missteps would leave you in a state where the event has been triggered, causing the panel to lock, and never unlocking the panel because you're not taking yourself back to the event structure to handle the event. (This is also very likely if you have two event structures within your code)

You're not seeing this behavior in your other VI because you're not doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,746 Views)