LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA LOOP RATE

Hi all,

A vi running in RT HOST has 4 parallel timed while loop running at 250us, 500us, 10ms, 250ms.

i have attached snip of 10ms loop, where previous iteration duration value is 7 or 8. What does 'previous iteration duration' mean? why it shows 7 or 8 ,when i set it to 10ms? is it possible for while loop rate to exceed more than 20ms and what is the cause? what is discard missed periods and maintain original phase.

on a particular day the actual loop iteration duration is around 20ms but it is set to 10ms. after RT restarted, iteration duration is within 10ms. what may cause the delay?

best wishes

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,979 Views)

shiva@adi wrote:

i have attached snip of 10ms loop, where previous iteration duration value is 7 or 8. What does 'previous iteration duration' mean? why it shows 7 or 8 ,when i set it to 10ms?

Previous Iteration Duration is the time taken to do the tasks inside the loop, for the previous iteration. It is not the time between the previous iteration and the current iteration.

shiva@adi wrote:

on a particular day the actual loop iteration duration is around 20ms but it is set to 10ms. after RT restarted, iteration duration is within 10ms. what may cause the delay?

You have a wait function in your loop. Remove it! The "Timed Loop" is meant to control the loop speed. By implementing the "Wait until next ms multiple" node, you instruct the structure to take longer. This also explains your 10, 20 ms iteration times. It will wait, and then miss the target timing!

shiva@adi wrote:

what is discard missed periods and maintain original phase.

Discard missed periods instructs the loop to skip over iterations that were supposed to happen at a previous time. Maintain original phase tells it to remain in sync with the expected timing. More details can be found here: Configuring Timed Loops

Without seeing the subVI, it's impossible to say what might take time in your loop, but I'd expect if you remove the wait everything should be fine (provided the subVI executes quickly).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,944 Views)

In the subvi I'm adding previous iteration calculated value to current value. If 'discard missed period' is checked and loop rate is exceeded set time. Does it add current value or continue with previous value?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,893 Views)

shiva@adi wrote:

In the subvi I'm adding previous iteration calculated value to current value. If 'discard missed period' is checked and loop rate is exceeded set time. Does it add current value or continue with previous value?

Sorry - I don't understand what this means. Please attach the subVI, and perhaps before you do that, consider if using Clusters would allow you to tidy/simplify your block diagram. If you prefer, attach both the VI and the nested VI (subVI) and I can demonstrate what I mean regarding clusters.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,868 Views)