LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no connection!?

Hello,
it's me again...Smiley Sad
This time it's very weird! In the attachment is a vi which shows my dilemma. I want to connect an "array of clusters of arrays of elements" with a multi-xyplot (since the manual told me that the plot expects that as his data-input). I now get this error:
(somehow like this - translated in english)
you have connected two adapters of different data types.
the source is an array of clusters of one element.
the drain is an array of clusters of one element.
You may ask why I want to do such a complicated mess. This is because I want to print only one single point into this xy-plotter instead of a curve (long story).
Regards
Gouvi
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,354 Views)

I can't look at your code, but I can tell you that I always find myself having problems with multiplot XY graphs as well.

What I usually do is either hover the graph terminal with the context help window open (this shows you the data format for the graph) or I go into the example finder (Help>>Find Examples) and look at the XY Graph example which shows how to do this.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

(2,349 Views)
You missed an array dimesion.

Try my changes.

Regards,

Balze
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,342 Views)
Yes I noticed after looking at an example as recommended.
Thank you Balze for correcting my fault. Sometimes you really don't see the little but important things.
Regards and a nice weekend
Gouvi
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)