From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nipalu.dll error upon loading .vi

Hi,

it didn't work after repairing LabVIEW nor DAQmx, but it is ok now after repairing NI VISA...

thanks.

Adeline.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,637 Views)

The same problem. LV2011, Avast Pro (Institute subscription). It has aleady deleted for  last few months: niarbk.dll, nidmmk.dll, niSTCk.dll, APC driver (not NI) and now NIPALU.dll. Before I could find the files in the "virus chest".  I chose "scan again" - no viruses. Good. When I restored them, Avast deleted them again. I reported them  fiiles as faulse "positive", I wrote them several times - no response.

Now it is worse - NIPALU.dll is not in the virus chest. Sometimes Avast deletes files without any comments.

I do not see any other solution than to never use Avast - it's incomatible with NI software.

P.S. One more comment about Avast. It did not see a virus called something like BAT.killer.trojan 6 years ago and still does not see it - be careful.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,587 Views)

Hi,

I was in the same case after Avast deleted nipalu.dll last Monday (re-installation of LabVIEW and DAQmx didn't solve the problem).

But repairing NI VISA using Windows Control Panel / Uninstall or change a program was the good solution for me.

Thanks a lot!

Herlock

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,571 Views)

Also had this problem. Copying nipalu.dll from another machine as that'll be quicker than a repair. Hoping this will fix it. Uploading the dll for anyone else who wishes to do the same.
Using Labview 2010 full development, win XP (and avast...for now).

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,545 Views)

Thank you for sharing the file. Have the same problem & also Avast.

I notices that googling "nipalu.dll missing" sends you directly to websites that do not seem very trusworthy.

( like helpcomp.com offering a missing dll fixer?)

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(1,442 Views)

I put the nipalu.dll from marc1uk into my C:\Windows\System32 directory of my windows 7 ultimate computer.

That was not a good idea: This dll is not made for my operating system.

Though now labview does start up, it does not close any more.

I cannot delete the nipalu.dll because NI device monitor is using it.

Could anyone share the nipalu.dll that should have been there before avast took it away ?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(1,435 Views)

Though I am not entirely sure if just replacing the nipalu.dll didn't work for a different reason,

it is now solved. I reinstalled the daq-mx device drivers (1,5GB)

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.8/4297/en/

thanks we have this forum

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,421 Views)

I just wanted to let everyone know that Avast! verified that nipalu.dll was removed from their virus database, so Avast! should not continue to delete this .dll. If you see this occur again with an updated version of their virus database, please let us know!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,392 Views)

Also, we definitely recommend replacing the .dll by running a repair on your NI drivers, rather than exchanging .dll versions online. This is the best way to assure that you get the correct version for your system.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,389 Views)

Indeed. I confirm both 😉

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,383 Views)