From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nipalsm.exe error

Solved!
Go to solution

I currently have LabVIEW 2009 installed as well as NiDAQ 9.0.1. I am trying to connect at cDAQ 9174, with NI9401 and NI9263 modules. When connecting the cDAQ an error occurs:

nipalsm.exe error

The instruction at 0x6efdfde3 referenced memory at 0x00000034, The memory could not be "read"

The cDAQ appears in the device list, but fails self tests, and neither of the modules are recognised. Also the cDAQ entry on the device list cannot be deleted even before the device is attached.

I have tried to use the NI software installer to repair NIMAX, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling absolutely everything. (even on full re-installation the cDAQ device appears as not connected on the device list before connection for the very first time)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,762 Views)
Do you mean to say ou still have the error after repairing/re-installing? or you are not able to uninstall and install max?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,739 Views)
I am able to uninstall and install max, but I still have the error afterwards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author justinpinkney
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,711 Views)
Cleaning up the corrupt MAX database solved the issue. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,697 Views)
Glad It solved...:smileywink:
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,695 Views)