From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidist.id

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to install Labview 2012 at UW, which has a site license.  Not long ago, I installed successfully LabView 2012 on a Windows XP machine.  Now I am trying on a new Windows 7 machine.  I downloaded Core1of4.zip and LV_ENG.zip and extracted both of these into their respective folders in the Downloads folder.  I then put the LV ENG folder under the Distributions folder of Core1of4.zip.  I also tried just placing the contents of LV_ENG in the Distributions folder.

I applied for the activation code.  It is the same as the one I used before.  On running setup.exe, everything goes fine until it starts the actual installation.  Immediately I get a message that a file is not found.  This file is nidist.id.  But nidist.id (lK) in present in the distributions folder.  Where is it supposed to be?

I have tried various things, but get the same result.  I have tried turning off the anti-virus software and the Windows firewall.  What is going wrong?  (Each time I have to start the activation process again from scratch.  Is there some sort of limit to the number of times one can try?)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tlUW

Core1of4.zip isn't any filename I had heard of before.  But perhaps it is something used because of the site licensing.

But the question I have is. "Where is core2of4, core3of4, and core4of4"?  It sounds like you might have only downloaded about 1/4 of the files you might need.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,244 Views)