LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidist.id

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to install Labview 2012 at UW, which has a site license.  Not long ago, I installed successfully LabView 2012 on a Windows XP machine.  Now I am trying on a new Windows 7 machine.  I downloaded Core1of4.zip and LV_ENG.zip and extracted both of these into their respective folders in the Downloads folder.  I then put the LV ENG folder under the Distributions folder of Core1of4.zip.  I also tried just placing the contents of LV_ENG in the Distributions folder.

I applied for the activation code.  It is the same as the one I used before.  On running setup.exe, everything goes fine until it starts the actual installation.  Immediately I get a message that a file is not found.  This file is nidist.id.  But nidist.id (lK) in present in the distributions folder.  Where is it supposed to be?

I have tried various things, but get the same result.  I have tried turning off the anti-virus software and the Windows firewall.  What is going wrong?  (Each time I have to start the activation process again from scratch.  Is there some sort of limit to the number of times one can try?)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,316 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tlUW

Core1of4.zip isn't any filename I had heard of before.  But perhaps it is something used because of the site licensing.

But the question I have is. "Where is core2of4, core3of4, and core4of4"?  It sounds like you might have only downloaded about 1/4 of the files you might need.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,251 Views)