LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni 5441

Hello all,

I want to generate a Pseudo random binary sequence using the NI PXI 5441 arbitrary waveform generator. The idea is to generate a dual PRBS signal which can then be RF modulated at later stage. My question is whether it is possible to realize my goal on the AWG?

Thank  you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,096 Views)

Hi Vijay,

Could you generate the the PRBS waveform and then convert it from a binary wavforem to an analogue waveform which mimics the shape of the digital waveform?

For example if you were outputing the signal in the range of 0V-5V Converting the data points to be 0V for a Low state, or 5V for a High state.

You should then be able to output this waveform from the Arbitrary Waveform Generator.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Message 2 of 5
(3,009 Views)

Thankyou Steve,

Yes, that is what I plan to do. Then, can I generate a sequence in MATLAB and embed the code in NI LabView? Also, what is the maximum frequency that I can output from the arb? I want to output a PRBS in the GHz frequency, say over 1GHz.

Vijay.! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,994 Views)

Hi Vijay,

There should be no trouble interfacing MATLAB code with LabVIEW, there are several possibilities for this which are explained on the following article.

With regards to outputting a signal of 1GHz frequency, you would have to output at least ten times as many samples in order to get an accurate representation of the signal, so you would need a card with an output rate of 10GHz, and the 5441 is quoted as having a sample rate of 100MS/s (which would be ideal for signals up to 10MHz)

I hope this information helps,

Steve

Message 4 of 5
(2,972 Views)

Hi Steve,

Can I use the RF upconverter (NI PXI 5610) to attain higher frequencies, say upconverting the 10MHz signal generated from the arb to 1 GHz with the help of the upconverter?  If this is possible, then will the signal output from the upconverter be in any way different from a PRBS signal generated from an arb that could output upto 1GHz?

Thankyou.! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,940 Views)