From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nested cluster indexing controls[]

Hi,

As part of another forum post seen here. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/write-cluster-to-spreadsheet-programatically/td-p/2500290

I am having trouble with nested clusters and autoindexing values from them using property nodes and for loops.  It will only index the first layer, which are all clusters.  I need to be able to index the next layer under the clusters.  Attached is an example of how it works with a non nested cluster.

TIA

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,364 Views)

I have a working solution (at least I think it is) but it uses alot of OpenG.  Attatched is a VI that will get the values of a cluster and flatten it to a string.  It supports String, Path, Boolean, Numeric, and Cluster type as nested as you want using while loop recursion to go through them all.  The specific package in OpenG that is used is the LabVIEW Data package.  Saved in 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,354 Views)

Search for "Cluster Toolkit" in VIPM.  It's developed by Autotestware.  There may be something in that toolkit that might be of use to you.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,342 Views)

@borderm3 wrote:

Hi,

As part of another forum post seen here. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/write-cluster-to-spreadsheet-programatically/td-p/2500290

I am having trouble with nested clusters and autoindexing values from them using property nodes and for loops.  It will only index the first layer, which are all clusters.  I need to be able to index the next layer under the clusters.  Attached is an example of how it works with a non nested cluster.

TIA

Chris

Make the VI reentrant and if it's a cluster type, send that cluster in recursively. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,326 Views)