From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need buffer

New to labview but had a quick question.  I have a vi that outputs a float number each time it is executed and I have a graph that is looking for a 1 dimensional array.  Would a structure work to capture the vi outputs and how do I set up a temp buffer to hold the data that goes to the graph?

Thanks                              

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,523 Views)
You could use a waveform chart instead of a graph as the chart has a built-in buffer. Thus, you just need to wire the output of your VI directly to the chart. You can configure the buffer size for the graph (right-click on it and set the history length). If you have to use a waveform graph then you could use a shift register as your buffer if you have a loop (which I assume you do). Or, you could use an Action Engine as your buffer implementation.
Message 2 of 4
(2,518 Views)
ok thanks for the quick response, will try a few of the suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,515 Views)
 This is the simple buffer VI available with LabVIEW,You simply modify according to ur need.
Message Edited by Baji on 05-28-2009 09:09 AM
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,491 Views)