From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRio for Data Acquisition and Control - Data type errors

Hi, 

I am a researcher working on hydraulic systems. I am trying to use a myRio to collect data and control a system based on this measurement. I have run tests and this code works to visualize the signals and measurements from my sensors. My trouble is in collecting all of the data from a trial and saving it to a csv or in excel. Whenever I try to use write measurement or any other express VI, I keep getting some type of data type error.

In the picture attached, I have a simulated voltage input [0,5] (which in actuality is an analog input). In my apparatus, this is connected to a pcb which feeds the input. I convert the voltage to current via resistance and linearize to my sensor readings. I want to collect the appended array from my trial and save this as time series data from each sensor (preferably csv). 

Screenshot 2020-10-30 152556.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(703 Views)

Please attach VIs (not pictures of parts of VIs) to allow us to understand your problem/code and provide some help to you.  You can send the Folder holding the Project files to "Compress" (.zip), and attach the resulting .zip file.

The myRIO runs LabVIEW Real-Time, and is usually (always?) programmed as part of a LabVIEW RT Project, with a Host (PC) running LabVIEW connected to the myRIO.  The Host has the Front Panel, Keyboard, Mouse, Display, and File System, and the myRIO has the A/D, DIO, and FPGA (if you need to use it directly).  Is this how you are planning to develop your Project?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(650 Views)