cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRio Programing Two Intensity LEDs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I'm new in programming myRio and LbaVIEW and only know the basics. 

I wanted to build a timed sequence so that I can program the first LED with one intensity, then the second with another intensity, afterwards I want to increment an index and display it. 

All this sequence is in a while loop inside a case structure so it is prompted by a Boolean button. However, this doesn't seem to work, also, the loop doesn't show the output till every sequence is over? I tried to insert shift register but still don't know how to use it. 

If I can get a help it would be very much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,350 Views)

Hi samuyo,

@samuyo wrote:

I'm new in programming myRio and LbaVIEW and only know the basics

I wanted to build a timed sequence so that I can program the first LED with one intensity, then the second with another intensity, afterwards I want to increment an index and display it

All this sequence is in a while loop inside a case structure so it is prompted by a Boolean button

When you "know the basics" then you should know that your myRIO doesn't have the capability to show any display/frontpanel of a VI because it is "headless"!

Did you take those "Training resources" offered in the header of the LabVIEW board? Did you take the myRIO (or cRIO) "Getting started" courses?

(The myRIO cannot show any display and so it also cannot show a "boolean button" where the user can click on…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,310 Views)

What do you mean by "Intensity LEDs"?  I presume you do not mean the four LEDs (LED0, LED1, LED2, and LED3) that are on the myRIO and can be programmed to be On or Off (well, that's two intensities, but I think you want more than 2).  Is this a special kind of LED?  Do you know how to hook it up, and how to control it?  [I know, for example, that I have some "dimmable LED bulbs" in my home, but they run off 60 Hz AC and have a special switch that adjusts the brightness ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,298 Views)

Yes I did not mean show the output as in LabView put to display the increment in LEDs format but that part I can handle; however, it doesn't seem I can sequently control two PWMs? 

I wanted to send PWM data for one LED driver and then afterwards I want to send another data for another LED driver. Do you know what kind of structure I can use?

Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,260 Views)

I have an LED driver where I want to program its intensity with myRio. My target is to program one driver and then sequently drive the other. After that I am going to increase the intensity using PWMs blocks. However, I'm stuck in figuring out the sequence and how to change the intensity. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,258 Views)

Hi samuyo,

@samuyo wrote:

I wanted to send PWM data for one LED driver and then afterwards I want to send another data for another LED driver. Do you know what kind of structure I can use?

Use a wire to enforce DATAFLOW!

Edit: What's the point in writing two messages within minutes? You can edit your own message to add more text!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author samuyo

I wanted to control a PWM pin in LabVIEW which I cannot connected to any wire that's why I found trouble in enforcing it. However, I used a case structure. Thanks for the responses!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,226 Views)