From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple signals in one chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I've got a problem with a vi I created, in this vi I need to plot two signals in one chart.

These signals will eventually come from external inputs.

The chart only displays one signal and this signal isn't even displayed properly.

I can display each of the signals in a separate chart, but I want them together in one chart.

I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I would really appreciate some help.

Kind regards,

Jos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(15,045 Views)

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do but see my changes for how to show two plots.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(15,037 Views)

Sorry, I'm currently using Labview 7.1 and can't open your file.

Can you post it again so I  can open it or is there a way around this?

Btw I'm trying to compare a calculated stress (by entering the dimensions and force exerted on a part) with a measured stress (by meausuring the strain with strain gauges).

You have to enter the force exerted on a part, the dimension and youngs modulus of a part, after which the vi calulates the stress.

The incoming signals will be the strain from the strain gauges and the force from a load cell.

Ps The text is all dutch

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(15,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KJos
It's very simple.  Just use bundle to combine the points and wire to your chart (see pic).
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 4 of 6
(15,015 Views)

Thank you very much for your help, my problem is solved.

But could you tell me what I did wrong.

Were the signals going in to the chart the wrong type? Or was it the merge feature?

Because I used merge another time, at which time the chart displayed both signals (I thinkSmiley Happy)

Message Edited by KJos on 02-26-2010 09:38 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(15,002 Views)

To be honest, I've never used an "Express" function so I'm not familiar with them.  I've been using LabVIEW since version 4 and I'd rather use the low-level functions because they tend to have much less overhead than the wizard-like Express VIs.  It IS a good way to learn though.  Right-click on an Express VI after you have configured it and select 'open front panel'.  It will then become a VI that you can look into and see how the low-level functions are wired together.

In your VI I only used the bundle function to send both point to your chart.  I think I also set the Y axis to autoscale (VERY important!).  And changed the plot1 color to white.

Check out the examples for more info:  Help > Find Examples...  then look in 'Building User Interfaces' > 'Displaying Data' > 'Graphs and Charts'.  The 'Charts.vi' is a good place to start.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(14,996 Views)