From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple selection in listbox without using ctrl key

Solved!
Go to solution

I recall that there is/was a Windows mouse setting that made it easier to operate with a trackpad by making certain mouse clicks a one-click affair, like dragging and dropping, and selecting multiple things.  That may be worth looking into, if only to standardize all your inputs.  (However, I don't know if LabVIEW controls would "subscribe" to that setting.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(1,217 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Another option I sometimes use is to keep e.g. a boolean array in a shift registers and whenever an entry is double-clicked I switch the symbol from blank to a checkmark or back ...

Here's a quick example for that. I even use strikeout font for unselected items. You can also play with bold/plain, or with the cell background color (be careful to sync with the selection color).

I guess there should be an event for "long-click" as often used on tablets. Is there an idea for that already?

ListBoxSelect.png

Message 22 of 23
(1,205 Views)

A while ago I wrote some code that would allow item selection in a listbox, MCLB, or Tree by checking boxes with a single mouse click, or right clicking for select none/all.  Here is the included example:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Listbox-Multicolumn-Listbox-and-Tree-Item-Selection/ta-...

large.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,192 Views)