From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi step program

Dear all,

As a newbe here i would like to know if somebody reconizes this problem.
I think i am looking for the obvious, though i cann't find it. In labview i would like to do the following:
make  a screen in which a user can make a automated program to run his reactor overnight.
the program needs to be time controlled but also settings controlled.
it is going to be for the control of a reactor which uses gasses and temperature
and certai ntime the temperature should change and or the gas flow.

does anybody has a idea to solve this problem?

kind reagards

vincent koot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,379 Views)
i would suggest you first browse trough the Labview examples (help -> find examples). you'll get lots of ideas about implementation.
then you sit and write specifications to your application: what, how, when, conditions.

then you make a first version,you post it here for help, tips and design advices.

not knowing timing, constraints, and controls to handle, it is difficult to come out with the "magic" solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,367 Views)

Well said, Gabi1.

Your first step should be the design.  Describe how you want it to work, and describe any daily routine that can be translated into a profile.  You can write the software to load a given profile which means flexibility for the future.. 

All this takes place in the upfront design process.  Don't rush into coding before it is clear what you want to do and how..

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,362 Views)