LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at ABAPI Dist Report Read Link Info Error.vi -> [.....] -> RTBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Hi all,

I am on a field campaign with my Labview-controlled instrument. I wanted to make a small change to the code and build it again for uploading to a cFP-2020 Fieldpoint but the application builder stopped with the following error message:

Error 7 occurred at ABAPI Dist Report Read Link Info Error.vi -> ABAPI Dist Cmp Settings to Disk Hier.vi -> ABAPI Get Settings From File2.vi -> ABAPI Get Settings From File.vi -> RTBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> RTBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> RTBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

This is another computer than the one I used in the lab previously so might have forgotten to install something. I just copied the whole application folder with project file and subfolders
to the Laptop I am using now. Labview version should be the same though (8.20).

Any suggestions?

Olaf
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,930 Views)
Hello Olaf,

This error is usually found when a subVI or a support file (DLL, custom control, etc) isn't able to be found by the application builder.  Possible reasons for this could include subVIs no longer located in their original paths and in need to be relinked, a DLL that isn't included in the build, and many other possibilities.

You wrote that you copied the project from another PC, so it is very possible that some file went missing. Are all VIs in your project executable?

You could try to mass compile all the VIs in your project and see if that helps.

Regards,
Johannes

AE, NI Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,878 Views)