From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi plotting limit?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there.

I need to plot a force x position curve for a automated process and then some rectangles on it, that will be the regions of the graph that will be analyses ( if the graph passes through every rectangle I have, its fine ), but I am having some problem when plotting more than 4 of these rectangles ( picture attached ). Is there any limit of xy plots that can be done simultaneously on a XY graph? Does anyone knows other way to plot that does not cause this? I am generating every array used to form each of the rectangles and then merging everything and plotting ( there must be a easier way)

Fernando H. Moreno

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,194 Views)

There is a practical limit, but I can assure you that 4 is WAY below that. It seems that the way you're building the graph is excessively complex. With an XY graph you provide an array for multiple plots, and each plot is a cluster of 2 arrays: an array of X value and an array of Y values. Thus, to plot your line and one rectangle you'd do something like this:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,183 Views)

Actually Im doing way more than 4 plots, but I agree the way Im doing is very complex! will try your suggestion here!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,162 Views)

Actually Im doing way more than 4 plots, but I agree the way Im doing is very complex! will try your suggestion here!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,161 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fhmoreno

If you want to keep using xy graphs, consider switching to complex arrays to keep the data structures simpler. You can also graph all elements having the same color as a single plot, simply making gaps using a point cointaining NaN in between islands.

If you really need to graph all these squares, I recommend to switch to a picture indicator instead.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,155 Views)