From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitor problems with target pc.

Solved!
Go to solution

Have several problems when running application on target pc.  The label text is missing some words.  Some of the sub vi's when called are to be opened and centered but part of the front panel is cut off.  Any help as to where I should begin my investigation as I checked all the settings of the vi's?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,459 Views)

What "settings" are you referring to?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,457 Views)
Vi properties/window appearance.....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,451 Views)

Check your Window run-time position under VI properties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,440 Views)

What is the screen resolution of the target PC versus the development PC?

It sounds like the target PC has a lower resolution.

If that is the case, it's usually best to design the front panels for the smaller screen.

LabVIEW has a front panel scaling feature, but it doesn't work very well.

Also, if you develop on WinXP and deploy on Win7, you can have text issues, since Win7 default fonts are larger.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dg_lbe
Thanks. Monitor resolution on target was at a 75% setting.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,402 Views)

You should mark Steve's message as the solution since he was the one who told you where to look.

First, you can unmark your message as the solution by going to the options menu to the upper right of your message and picking Unmark as Solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,397 Views)