LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify text programmatically

Hi,

I have put a text in my vi using Tools palette and edit text and I would like to modify this text in run-time. How could I do this?

Thanks in advance,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,356 Views)
Hii, Toni

I have attached a vi here, which will give you an idea about how to change the string, you can do one thing is change the string constant taken from the tools palette to the string indicator and if you dont want it to display in the front panel, then hide it, i think it will solve your problem. if not come back to me and post your vi also.

Thanks,
Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,355 Views)
Hi,

I can't see your vi. I have LV7 Express.

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,351 Views)
Hi,

But, I need to use a string constant from the tools palette not a text indicator. I don't want to use a text indicator because I want the appearance of the string constant.

Thanks,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,348 Views)

Hii, Toni,

Here i am attaching the jpg of the concept and explaining you concept, i have put a boolean buuton, it explains that , if yhe value is true of the boolean then text will be Nishant and if value is false pf that button then text will be Tonitpp, and as in the blockdia figure, i have attach string constant to the property node's value property for that and in the blockdia2 fig, i am showing the true case for that where i ve given Nishant in the string constant, which will be change programatically, while boolean's value will change.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,343 Views)

Hii,toni

"But, I need to use a string constant from the tools palette not a text indicator. I don't want to use a text indicator because I want the appearance of the string constant." i couldnt understand the point, bcos if you take string from the tools pallette, then it couldn't appear in the front panel.....Smiley MadSmiley Mad

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,342 Views)
There is something I don't understand here : you say that you want to modify programmatically a string constant ?! How do you classify such an object ? Is that a variable constant or a constant variable ? ;):D

More seriously, I guess you are talking about the string appearance on the FP. Use a string indicator, and hide the border and you'll be done. You have several options, exposed here

Message Edité par chilly charly le 03-30-2006 12:09 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,342 Views)
Hi,
The problem is that the string constant is not an object. I like the idea of using a text indicator and hide the border, but how can I hide the border in a text indicator 3D Style. I know how to make it transparent but I don't know how to hide its border. With a classic text indicator it's very easy, make it transparent with tool palette but with not classic text indicator (3D Style) I know make this transparent but I don't know how to hide the border.

Thanks to everybody,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,336 Views)

tonitpp a écrit: ... but how can I hide the border in a text indicator 3D Style. ... I don't know how to hide the border...

Either use a classic indicator, or... use the tip exposed in the link provided in my previous reply !

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,314 Views)

tonitpp a écrit:... The problem is that the string constant is not an object.

Additionnaly, the string constant (free label) is an object, and can be modified programmatically at will. The difficulty is to get a proper reference. The attached vi shows how this can be done, as explained here

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,305 Views)