LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menu directory

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created some custom controls for a labview project that I am working on.  I am trying to keep all the files and folders in the same location.  I would like to add the file location to the path for the pallete menu, so that my custom controls show up on the pallete menu.

The help file for customizing environment said there is a menusdir on the user preferences menu, but I can't find that.

v 8.5

JW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,089 Views)

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I thought that custom functions for your palette menu had to be placed in:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\user.lib\

Anything in here is automatically loaded at launch and appears in the palette.

This doesn't mean that it's not impossible to do what you want however, someone else may know how to achieve it...

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 2 of 6
(3,068 Views)

crewx wrote:

The help file for customizing environment said there is a menusdir on the user preferences menu, but I can't find that.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this, as I don't know what "user preferences menu" you are referring to.

You can either place stuff in the user.lib folder as already mentioned, or you can edit the palette and add a panel that links to a folder anywhere on your hard drive. Check the LabVIEW Help on how to edit palette sets. 

Message 3 of 6
(3,057 Views)
Yes, This is what I am asking, I would like to edit the palette and add a panel that links to a folder anywhere on the hard drive.  I didn't see anything in the help file on this other than to change the path in the menudir of the user preference menu????  Couldn't find it, if you know how to do this, or know the specific help file please direct me.
JW
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,017 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,008 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author crewx

As smercurio said, search the LabVIEW help for this "Editing a Palette Set".

If you need handholding, follow these step-by-step instructions:

1. Go to Tools > Advanced > Edit Palette Set
  2. Right click the palette and select Insert > Subpalette...
  3. A dialogue appears asking where the subpallete ought to link, select "Link to a Directory"
  4. Browse to your directory of subvis, and click Current Folder.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,007 Views)