From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory of my program

Solved!
Go to solution

How can i know how much  memory taken for my program.

such for while loop takes how much memory etc.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,268 Views)

Typically, the memory use of structures is irrelevant compared to the memory use of all your data structures.

Of course you can look at "vi properties...memory use" before and after placing a loop to see the difference, but that does not seem interesting. You can see the code size and the data size.

What are you actually worried about? Are you running out of memory during execution?

You can minimize memory use by eliminating extra data copes in memory. Use the "show buffer allocation" tool to determine where data copies are made. Avoid excessive use of local variables, etc.

Message 2 of 4
(2,262 Views)

How to see the Code size and data size .

And you mentiones that "Use the "show buffer allocation" tool to determine where data copies are made"

How to check this I mean how to proceed for  "show buffer allocation"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mahi108

For code size and memory usage go File>>VI Properties>>Memory Usage. And for buffer allocation read this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,227 Views)