From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement data and problem with path selection

Hello,

I have a problem with the measurement data function; My instrument is the "Hyoki 3532-50 LCR meter".

I´m tring to save the data in a text file using the "write to measurement file VI" . From the instrument i receive an array containing the data of the measure and then i use a for loop to obtain the single data obtainig the dynamic data necessary like input in the VI function. 

The problem is that i receive ( for example) the Rp data and the Cp data in two separate moment and the result using the VI is something like

1      56

2      68

3      95

1      0,12

2      0,30

3      0,56

(this is a stupid example to explain my situation)

What i would like to obtain is 

1      56   0,12

2      68   0,30

3      95   0,56

The fact that i can+t receive all the three dynamic data in the same moment present also the problem that i don´t have the possibility to save in a different file every time i start the measure but to do it i have to reset the labview program ( this is due to the fact that in the property  i select "ask only once" because otherwise if i select " ask at each iteration" the second data flow overwrite the file) .

If you need some image from code i can provide them 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,693 Views)

Yes, attach some simplified code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,685 Views)
It seems you need to have a 2D array. You are almost certainly not creating the evil dynamic data correctly. This is easy to do and you should attach the code or an image.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,684 Views)

measure.jpg

This is the image of the part of the code that do the measure. Then i receive an 1D array from the instrument and i pass it to the save vi

I repeat this code for each parameter i have to measure and so i pass an 1D array per time at the saving function

save.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,655 Views)

Hi, 

I´m testing a new solution but i´m not sure that it works because i have not the instrument with me in this days.

I have eliminated the "write to measurment data function". Now i create three 1D array and initialize each of them in the beginning of the program. Then i simply write the data into the three array in separate moment and then i merge them into an 2D array and i write the 2D array into a file (using the Write to a file function)...i try this solution with a stupid programm that generate random numbers and it works...

could be a good idea?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,633 Views)

You really need to attach some code. We are graphical programmers and don't undestand longwinded text explanation 😄

Also the code images you attached earlier are useless. The abundance of local variables, stacked sequences, express VIs, and dead code make them impossible to debug by looking at a picture.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,625 Views)