LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement data and problem with path selection

Hello,

I have a problem with the measurement data function; My instrument is the "Hyoki 3532-50 LCR meter".

I´m tring to save the data in a text file using the "write to measurement file VI" . From the instrument i receive an array containing the data of the measure and then i use a for loop to obtain the single data obtainig the dynamic data necessary like input in the VI function. 

The problem is that i receive ( for example) the Rp data and the Cp data in two separate moment and the result using the VI is something like

1      56

2      68

3      95

1      0,12

2      0,30

3      0,56

(this is a stupid example to explain my situation)

What i would like to obtain is 

1      56   0,12

2      68   0,30

3      95   0,56

The fact that i can+t receive all the three dynamic data in the same moment present also the problem that i don´t have the possibility to save in a different file every time i start the measure but to do it i have to reset the labview program ( this is due to the fact that in the property  i select "ask only once" because otherwise if i select " ask at each iteration" the second data flow overwrite the file) .

If you need some image from code i can provide them 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,657 Views)

Yes, attach some simplified code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,649 Views)
It seems you need to have a 2D array. You are almost certainly not creating the evil dynamic data correctly. This is easy to do and you should attach the code or an image.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,648 Views)

measure.jpg

This is the image of the part of the code that do the measure. Then i receive an 1D array from the instrument and i pass it to the save vi

I repeat this code for each parameter i have to measure and so i pass an 1D array per time at the saving function

save.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,619 Views)

Hi, 

I´m testing a new solution but i´m not sure that it works because i have not the instrument with me in this days.

I have eliminated the "write to measurment data function". Now i create three 1D array and initialize each of them in the beginning of the program. Then i simply write the data into the three array in separate moment and then i merge them into an 2D array and i write the 2D array into a file (using the Write to a file function)...i try this solution with a stupid programm that generate random numbers and it works...

could be a good idea?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,597 Views)

You really need to attach some code. We are graphical programmers and don't undestand longwinded text explanation 😄

Also the code images you attached earlier are useless. The abundance of local variables, stacked sequences, express VIs, and dead code make them impossible to debug by looking at a picture.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,589 Views)