From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making controlls look the same in all vi's

I have some VI's written in LabVIEW 5.1 or earlier, and would like to make all of the controlls look like the ones in LV6.1 when I migrate to that version. Is there some tool that would let me do that without recreating all of the front pannels?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,307 Views)
Version 6.0 and 6.1 support all the controls in 5.1 so your panels will look the same when you migrate. However, if you want the new 3D-style controls in 6.1 to show up on your 5.1 panels, you are out of luck.

You could go through and try to make your own 6.1 look-alike controls with lots of bitmap importing, but I (and your therapist) would not recommend that.

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,307 Views)
AS I understand your question, after you migrate to V6 you want all the controls in your 5.1 application to have the new 3D look and be consistent....

There is no tool that automatically goes through all your code and converts one control to another. However, depending on how you developed your code, the process might not be too bad. The key issue is the extent to which you utilized typedefs.

If you change the look of all you typedefs, the strict ones will change right away to the new look. For the regular typedefs, you'll need to have all the VIs in you application in memory at once.

Now, open the non-strict typedef and change it to the new 3D controls, and save it as a strict typedef. At this point all the instances will update. Finally reopen the typ
edef and change it back to a non-strict and save it again.

Having said all this, the process I outlined above will can take a bunch of memory (and time) depending upon how big your application is... but it will work.

As far as the nontypedef controls in your application--you're on your own...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,307 Views)
No Utility exist.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,307 Views)