LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvrt2009f2 patch install problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I unable to install the LabVIEW 2009 Real Time Module f2 patch.  My setup currently includes LabVIEW 2009 with the Real Time and FPGA modules.  I already have the LabVIEW 2009f3 patch installed.

It is my understanding from another thread here that the lvrt2009f2 patch in not included in the lv2009f3 patch.

I downloaded and attempted to install lvrt2009f2.  Unfortunately, the installer tells me it is unable to install NI-MAX 4.3 because I already have a newer version.  I have NI-MAX 4.6.2.  At that point, the only options are Back and Cancel.  The Next button is grayed out.

Anyone else have this problem or a suggestion?

Thank you

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,024 Views)

According to the f3 patch page, "The LabVIEW 2009 f3 patch includes all of the fixes of the LabVIEW 2009 f2 patch."

EDIT:  Oops, sorry, missed that you were asking specifically about the real-time patch.

Message Edited by nathand on 02-09-2010 10:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,008 Views)

Bill,

The LabVIEW f3 patch does NOT include the LabVIEW Real-Time Module f2 patch. Could you post a screenshot of the installer when it says "Cannot install NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.3 (higher version already installed)"? I was wondering if there was anything listed underneath that that says it's adding or changing anything or if it was just blank. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,973 Views)

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the response to my post.  I attached a screenshot as you requested.

You didn't ask, but here is some more information that may be useful:

Before I get the unable to install message, I have the option of allowing the installer look for update notifications from NI.  It does not matter if I allow this to happen.  I get to the sampe point.

I am trying to install this on a laptop running Windows 7.  I do all my work on this laptop.  It was new a little over a month ago.  In early January I did a fresh install of the NI Developer Suite from the 4th Quarter 2009 DVDs.

My old laptop is around here somewhere.  It has Windows XP.  I was considering doing a fresh install on there just to see if I get to the same point.

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,964 Views)

Bill,

Could you post a screenshot of your NI License Manager (on Windows it's in Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI License Manager) and have all the available trees expanded? I setup an image this morning that had LabVIEW 2009 Dev Suite, I then ran the LabVIEW 2009 f3 installer and restarted the computer. After, I ran the LabVIEW for Real-Time f2 installer just fine as well. I'm wondering if you have the Real-Time Module installed and activated on the Windows 7 computer (by the way the image was Windows 7).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,950 Views)

Grant,

It looks like all my software is properly activated except for the debug deployment options.  I didn't expand the tree fully only because it wouldn't fit in one image.  If you need something else, please let me know.

I guess I'm glad to know you installed lvrt2009f2 successfully on Windows 7.

I am going to try a fresh install on my old laptop.  I have installed many updates to Windows 7 since I installed the NI Dev Suite.  I wonder if something got messed up in my registry or elsewhere.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,943 Views)

Hi Grant,

I just thought of something.  I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and running on this laptop.  Do you happen to have it installed on the Windows 7 system you tested on?

I wondered if that program was preventing the installer from working properly.

I started looking around for some way to disable it without uninstalling it.  I didn't find any but if you think it is worth a try I will work at it more.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,938 Views)

Bill,

I do not have it running on mine. Anti virus and Firewall software are always a breaking point for installers. Rule of thumb is that if you are having installation issues then try turning those guys off and give it another shot (if you know where the software you're installing came from of course). If you can turn it off, I say give it a shot because I can't seem to replicate the same behavior on my end (I just tried an XP machine as well and didn't have any issues). 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,929 Views)

Grant,

I turned off the real-time monitoring of the Microsoft Security Essentials.  The install still did not work.

Shortly after that, I found the lvrt2009f2patch.exe file was actually on my laptop in two places.  In other words, it is possible that I already have it installed.  Which is a little embarrassing at this point.

Can you please tell me how to tell if the lvrt2009f2 patch is installed?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,921 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill_Jacobs

Bill,

Take a look at some of the dlls that the ReadMe of the f2 patch say will get updated (http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_rt/2009/readme_lvrt2009f2.html). The date modified should be sometime after august of 2009 (mine show 11/2/2009 and I'm pretty sure that's what it should be but anytime after august is good). Here is a filepath to one of the dlls (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\RT Images\LabVIEW\2009\lvuste.dll). If one of the dlls is good then they all should be good and the f2 patch will have been installed on your machine. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,919 Views)