cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvproj launch from explorer error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using LV 10 SP1 32-bit Vista and this has been working OK for a month.

I was doing some project tidying / renaming etc. but when I tried to relaunch by using an explorer window and double clicking the .lvproj file I get the dialog "Windows cannot find 'c:\  (my path)\test.lvproj' I am still able to launch the project correctly form the startup window.

I now also get the same problem with a brand new project!

Any ideas how to make LabVIEW work with the OS properly again?

Al

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,683 Views)

I think you should have corrupted some of your installation files. Probably repairing LabVIEW or reinstalling can help. But I'm not sure if this is the best way.

Thanks,

Sathish

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,678 Views)

I was hoping a reinstall / repair wasn't the answer!

Anything else to try?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,674 Views)

Hey Al,

you could launch the project from the splash screen as a recently opened document and Save As... create an additional copy in memory. Let me know if this works.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,654 Views)

Hi Andy,

tried that!

I renamed the project and also created a new empty project with the same problem.

Al

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al1234

The problem seems to have gone away!

Several restarts of the computer seems to have fixed it. I don't know if that makes it a Vista or LabVIEW problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,649 Views)

Hi Al,

So you created a new project and dragged and dropped your VI's into it? is it just this project or all projects from now on? if so well I think a repair would be for the best.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,647 Views)

.... VISTA!?

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,646 Views)

I've had 4 years regretting ordering a laptop with Vista. But I can't face reinstalling and the hassle of moving back to friendly, stable XP!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,643 Views)