Go to solution

I am using tortoise git + lvmerge + lvcompare for source provisioning

when I try to resolve some conflicts, I got an error code 53 and message below

```

Invoke Node in NI_promergevis.lvlib:LVMerge Core.vi
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>User Interaction:Merge VIs</b>

```

I could not find any solution to this and I check the setting correct by resolving very simple conflict

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(916 Views)

@usan_ wrote:

I am using tortoise git + lvmerge + lvcompare for source provisioning

when I try to resolve some conflicts, I got an error code 53 and message below

```

Invoke Node in NI_promergevis.lvlib:LVMerge Core.vi
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>User Interaction:Merge VIs</b>

```

I could not find any solution to this and I check the setting correct by resolving very simple conflict

I'm only a novice at the versioning software + front end combo you have there, but the real issue is "why are you having these conflicts in the first place?"

IMO you should be trying to figure out why these conflicts are occurring instead trying to clean up after they occur.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 5
(882 Views)

I would avoid LV Merge at all costs, just because it easily gets out of hand based on the complexity of the VI.

Instead, I would manually get both the versions, do a lvcompare and manually merge them.

BTW, the best practice is to ensure that there is no need for an SCC conflict that would lead to a merge situation.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 3 of 5
(859 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author usan_

Hi usan_,

I agree with what the Guys already mentioned. I set up LV compare just to see the differences between the commits, but for actual changes I rather do it manually.

But for your error: Are you using XControls in your code? And which version of LabVIEW you're using? 
I found this for LV 2018,2019 Known Issues:

LabVIEW 2019 and 2019 SP1 Known Issues

Ajskrim_0-1635401131749.png

Funnily it does not appear in 2020 or 2021 know issues, but at the same time, I couldn't find anywhere that it would be fixed 😄 

-Patrik
CLA || CTA
If it helps - Kudo it, if it answers - Mark As Solution
Message 4 of 5
(852 Views)

yes I use XControl and Labview 2017. I think the issue you post is exactly what I want to know

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(836 Views)