cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvds interface

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,936 Views)

Possible? Absolutely. Easy? Far from it!

I mean the connection between camera and board looks pretty simple. But you need to interface to that USB3 interface somehow. Nowhere does it state anything about what drivers that would need, nor what interfaces they would provide. This usually means, here is the hardware, try to figure out the rest and it being a Chinese product doesn't help with that at all.

They do provide OEM software development services with their module, but OEM means usually a number of products bought per year with at least 4 or 5 zeros at the end.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,895 Views)

I recognized the driver.
The camera uses the lDVS interface.
I don't know which function to use.
If you have an example of VI, please share it with us.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,874 Views)

Looks like a serial port. To access that you use the VISA functions in LabVIEW.

But that can’t be the solution for receiving the image data. This interface can maybe transfer a few M bytes per second at most.That’s not even enough to transfer a single image frame per second. There needs to be a different interface for the actual inage data.And no, not having the interface myself so I certainly can’t give you a VI that gets you that data.

Maybe the interface supports the Genicam standard.In that case you could try the IMAQdx driver from NI. But that will require a license to run.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,860 Views)