LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking help in replicating a LabView VI - Errors occur in graphing when altering inputs

Hello,

I am sort of new to LabVIEW and was trying to replicate the VI found in the following paper to model respiration in the human body using this circuit:

lung circuit one.PNG

https://www.ijert.org/research/modeling-simulation-and-analysis-of-lung-mechanics-using-labview-IJER...

The VI from the paper looks like this, which I replicated and made sure I got the same graphs when using the same inputs of: RC=1 cm H2Os/L , RP= 0.5 cm H2Os/L , CL= 0.2 L/ cm H2O , CW =0.2 L/ cm H2O  and CS= 0.005 L /cm H2O. The amplitude input of the sine wave is 2.5, and the breaths/min input was 15. These inputs are for an adult model.

Replicate vi.PNG

My results match with the following picture from the paper: 

paper graph results.PNG

Problems: 

Using the same model, when I try to change the inputs for a child with a certain respiratory illness I get issues. I believe the model should still work since it is just a rough model of the lungs. 

For example, when I want the inputs into the VI to be : 

RC=18.1 cm H2Os/L , RP= 19.2 cm H2Os/L , CL= 0.008 L/ cm H2O , CW =0.02 L/ cm H2O1  and CS= 0.0018 L /cm H2O and breaths per min 35, I get graphs that freak out and look like the following. They start fine for a second and then end up looking like nothing. 

graph results lungs.PNG

I have attached my VI.  (breathsim_help.VI)

The only way I obtained sinusoidal graphs that look correct with my new inputs is when I mess with the transport delay and put it at a larger delay of 20 seconds. In the paper with the adult values, I believe the delay is at 1 sec for that transport delay function because that led me to get the same results. I believe the model should still work with the new child values, but it just seems like something about that transport delay messes with it, or is it something else? I'm not sure why the transport delay is there personally as I am a novice, but I'm guessing that if I increase it to 20 seconds to make the graphs come out sinusoidal, the model is no longer accurate.

Overall, the over encompassing issue here is that I just don't know why the model can work with adult values, but when I change them, the model's graphs don't come out sinusoidal unless I crank up the transport delay. I know this might be confusing at first glance, but this is just a hail mary attempt to see if anything in the setup stands out to anyone. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,530 Views)