From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvdaq.dll error

When I start one of my programs I get the following message:

Error loading "lvdaq.dll"
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

This is happens repeatadly for a number of paths, such as C:\Program FIles\National Instruments\LabView 7.1\vi.lib\1easyio.lib\AI Sample Channel (single-point waveform).vi

I'm not sure why this is happening.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Hello MBL,

I think you'll need to install the Traditional DAQ found here:  http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/570/lang/en 

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,728 Views)
Hi,

Thank you for the response.  I tried this, and when I run the setup it tells me that I have a higher version of this installed on the computer, and this feature will not be installed.  Should I uninstall my current version of Labview and Nidaq?  I would really like to avoid doing this.  Thank you.

-MBL
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,723 Views)
I didn't get that error what I did that last time, but it seems you might have to reinstall your DAQmx.  I highly doubt that you'd have to reinstall LabView.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,704 Views)

Hi MBL,

It sounds like your Traditional DAQ drivers might have become corrupted. First try repairing them by following the steps below:

1.      Go to Control Panel»Add or Remove Programs»National Instruments Software

2.      Click on Change/Remove

3.      Find Traditional DAQ

4.      Click on Repair

If this does not work then you will be required to uninstall and re-install your Traditional DAQ driver. You can get a fresh copy of the latest Traditional DAQ Drivers here. Keep me posted on your results.

Best regards,

Jordan D
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,689 Views)