LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing stacked sequence auto start and stop

Seems like this should be so easy but I'm stumped.

I want to use some flashing leds while some of my data is plotted but can’t figure out a way to programmatically start and stop a simple flashing stacked sequence.

thanks for any help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,196 Views)
Everyone will probably have a different answer for this.

I would probably call a subvi to load dynamically through vi server as a pop-up window and close it when required. This would allow the subvi to be displayed on screen and operate independently of the main vi.

ssk
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,180 Views)

If I understand just put that while loop with shift registers

and the stop linked to the end of the other while loop

jacques

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,170 Views)

When I create a sub VI out of my stacked led sequence, then put it in a test while loop, I only get 1 flashing LED.

Using a shift register, I don't see how I could programmatically start/stop the flashing.

seems like these simple thing get me stumped quite often!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,161 Views)

send me you vi i'll try using shift register

jacques

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,146 Views)
From looking at your VI it seems that the flashing starts when the middle frame is entered. But you are asking about programmatically starting and stopping. What is to control when it flashes? You have a Stop button but no Start button.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,141 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,136 Views)
could you save as 7.1 ????
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,131 Views)

My main program is based on a flat sequence structure, and when I enter a certain frame there is a delay while my data is plotted, I would like to display some flashing “LEDs” during the delay, once the data is plotted and I’m ready to leave this frame I want I want to stop the flashing and continue with the last sequences. The problem seems that when I use a while loop to create the flashing I just get stuck there until I manually click a stop button. I guess it boils down to how do I programmatically stop a while loop?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,127 Views)
OK. Then put the flashing in the loop with Stuff 2, which I presume is the one for which you want to show activity. I modified your program to do this. I also eliminated the sequence structure by using dataflow. You can probably get down to one loop by changing to a state machine structure.

If the flashing rate needs to be a different rate than the Stuff 2 logic, put the slower part into a case structure which only executes one time for every n iterations.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,118 Views)