From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loop label

Solved!
Go to solution

This is trivial, but it's related to style. Also, it's Friday afternoon and we're all just goofing off right now, right? Smiley Wink

Anyway: I have been labeling my loops for documentation purposes. It looks OK but years ago a developer I worked with had a cool way of making the label and background color of the loop look seamless. I can't seem to duplicate that look. Anyone know what I'm talking about and know how to do that? My apologies for not having an example.

Thank you in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,714 Views)

Pull up the tools pallet (View -> tools pallet) and use the paitbrush tool.  Click the colopick boxes and select the "T" in the upper righ.  Then click the box surrounding you comment.  This will make the background transparent.

Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,703 Views)
That was one of the first things I tried. Didn't work.
PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,697 Views)
can you post a graphic or explain in a bit more detail what you would like it to look like?
Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,692 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.
untitled.PNG
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 5 of 6
(2,691 Views)

Example_VI_BD.png

Had a hard time getting the label inside the loop until I realized you can only do that with the arrow keys and not the mouse.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,681 Views)