From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long plot names

hi
I am trying to update the plot names according to the files I open (the plot gets the files name).
my problem is I can only have 12 characters in the plot name and could not enlarge the plot name area. any suggestions?
thank
Amos
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,408 Views)
The problem exists only if the AutosizeLegend property as been set to Off.
The attached example shows how the legend is automatically resized (or not) while the name length is increased programmatically in a while loop.
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,396 Views)
sorry I have LV 6.1 so I can't open your VI. please explain in words.
thanks
Amos
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,392 Views)

amose wrote:
I am trying to update the plot names according to the files I open (the plot gets the files name). my problem is I can only have 12 characters in the plot name and could not enlarge the plot name area. any suggestions? ... I have LV 6.1

Amos,

Unfortunately, LV6.1 doesn’t have the AutosizeLegend property.

If you're interested in doing it manually:
Use the positioning tool to resize the legend from either left corner. That increases the width for the plotname.

Programatically:
Unfortunately (again), you can't use the graph's Legend:Width property because it expands/contracts on the right side … which is the wrong side for the plotname.
If you have more than the base LabVIEW package, you could do something like the attached which uses an array for the plotnames and makes use of Get Text Rect.vi (which is not in the base package).  

=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,358 Views)